James P. McGuire, Attorney at Law
Attorney James P. McGuire attended Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska, where he earned his bachelor of science degree. Upon earning his undergraduate degree, he went on to earn his juris doctor from Creighton University School of Law. Attorney McGuire holds numerous memberships to professional associations, including the American Association for Justice, the Iowa Association of Justice, the Iowa State Bar Association and the Board of Governors of the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers.
About His Practice
Attorney McGuire practices personal injury, criminal defense, and family law throughout Mason City, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids and other areas throughout the state of Iowa. With decades of experience under his belt, he gladly accepts a full range of cases ranging from motor vehicle accidents to dog bite cases, child custody disputes to theft crime defense. He is extremely well-versed in medical malpractice cases, such as those involving birth injuries, ER malpractice, pharmacy errors and sugical errors, among other forms of case types.
When Attorney McGuire isn't negotiating settlements or in the courtroom before a jury, he can be found spending time with his family, watching sports or playing golf, all of which are his favored pastimes.
“James spent two years working pro bono. When I was eighteen, he got me enough to get my bills paid, a car, and my first place to live, along with baby items. He really cares and won't settle for anything less than people being treated right.” - Mollie M.
“He handled my daughter's case and did an amazing job. Really listened to her and walked her through her legal issues. Thanks Jim and you guys are great.” - Sylvia S.
“I am very pleased with the representation I received from McGuire Law. They are the only lawyer I will use and definitely recommend them to anyone looking for the best representation in the area. Thank you to everyone at McGuire Law!” - Mike H.
- Creighton University; Bachelor of Science
- Creighton University School of Law; Juris Doctor
- The State of Iowa
- United States District Court in the Northern Division and Southern Division of Iowa
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- State and all District Court and the Supreme Court of Iowa
Memberships and Professional Associations:
- Fellow, Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers (membership by invitation only)
- Currently member of the Board of Governors of the Iowa Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Member of the American Association for Justice (formerly known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Member of the Iowa Association of Justice (formerly known as the Iowa Association of Trial Lawyers)
- Former member of the Board of Governors of the Iowa Trial Lawyers Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- District and Local Bar Associations
Get Started Today With a Free Consult